Monday- 24th April 2017
- Reliance Industries reported a 12.3% increase in quarterly net profit to ₹8,046 crores owing to robust petrochemical and refining margin. Jio reported a net loss for the six months as ₹22.50 crores.
- Owing to strong cues from French presidential elections, the Sensex rose 290.5 points to close at 29,656 points while Nifty gained 98points to reclaim 9,200 level.
- The shareholders Reliance Communications and Aircel approved the merger of the mobile businesses of their companies to form the India’s fourth largest telecommunication company.
Tuesday- 18th April 2017
- Owing to French Presidential elections and Trump’s indicating tax rate cuts, Sensex rose to 29,943.24 points and Nifty crossed the 9,300 mark, touchingits all time high.
- Welspun India’s fourth quarter profit fell 21.5% to ₹153.8 crores as it is still recovering from Target’s exit due to its fake Egyptian cotton sheets.
- Following feud between Cyrus Mystry and TATA sons, a director with seats in Tata and Wadia Group companies decided to step down from the latter. Cyrus Mistry’s brother, Shapoor Mistry stepped down from the board of Tata-owned Indian Hotels.
- The Lodha Group, a Mumbai-based property developer, may acquire as much as 15% of projects company, Vascon Engineers, seeking to tap into the expanding demand for affordable housing in India.
- NTPC and HPCL-Mittal Energy have raised money through ₹2,400 crores Masala Bond sales to overseas investors.
Wednesday- 19th April 2017
- Rupee surged to its strongest in 20 months s dollars flooded into local equities and bonds, prompting RBI to intervene to limit gains, which erode the profitability of exporters. The rupee touched 63.93 before being pulled back to 64.11 at close.
- The Sensex closed above 30,000 mark for the first time, mirroring optimism in the US markets where Nasdaq Composite crossed 6,000 for the first time. Nifty closed at a fresh all time high of 9,352 points.
- Sebi has approved introduction of options contracts in the commodities market. Details to be worked out in due course.
Thursday- 20th April 2017
- One 97 Communications, owner of online payments provider Paytm, is set to raise over ₹12,000 crore SoftBank. This will value the company at around $9 billion and provide a 20% stake to SoftBank.
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited reported a 16%increase in its Q4 net profits to ₹1,709 crores owing to higher sales of premium models such as Baleno and Brezza.
- HDFC bank hit record high Market Cap of ₹4 lakh crore as it reached the intraday high of ₹1,572 before closing at 1,567.
Friday-21st April 2017
- The Delhi High Court allowed Tata Sons to pay NTT Docomo a $1.18 billion arbitration award despite RBI protesting against the same. RBI was protetsing on the ground that it amounted to transfer of shares resulting in violation of law.
- Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos said that he is grateful for Indian Customers to make Amazon India the country’s most popular Web marketplace with a promise that he’ll keep investing in Indian business of Amazon.
- Paytm Ecommerce has appointed SAIF Partner’s Ravi Adusumalli and four employees from investor Alibaba on the board of directors, according to filings made with the MCA.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to buy entire 26% stake held by Old Mutual plc, in Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance for ₹1,292 crores, valuing the company at ₹4,672 crores.
Source: The Economic Times